Through all the snowing and freezing that is ensuing, in these last couple of weeks, here are some things to keep in mind to finish. As the weather in Oregon can be very unpredictable.
- Cleaning them out can prevent the water in them from refreezing, and seeping into the roof and walls of the house.
- Basement/Crawl Spaces
- It will keep the floors up to degrees warmer
- The chance to save up to 30% on heating bills
- Heat rises, so if it rises and has an escape point, it won't have any effect on your home
- Checking the caulking on all windows, or doors can prevent drafts from leaking into the home. Or heat from escaping.
- Repairing any leaks that are in the roof would ensure that water will not pool in the attic. Which will prevent mold, and leave your home healthy and allergen free.
- Trimming branches that hang over your home will prevent them from collapsing under the weight of the snow, and damaging your home
- Taking care of your plumbing before it starts freezing is of utmost importance.
- For instance, wrapping water pipes with some form of insulation, or a blanket, will keep the heat transfer rate lower. Ensuring that the water doesn't cool down faster than normal.
- Keeping a drizzle running in either the kitchen or bathroom at all times will help the pipelines from freezing over.
Doing these things can help to prevent any problems to occur with your home. Along with keeping you, and your family safe. So stay warm and safe during these winter days!