Top 6 Reasons to Encapsulate Your Crawlspace
- Your family deserves healthier air. Did you know that up to 50% of the air you breath comes from your crawlspace? As the fiberglass begins to collect moisture it will fall. When this insulation falls it allows for even more crawlspace air to move up into your home.
- Prevent costly structural repairs. Wood rot caused by excessive moisture in the crawlspace can result in mold, structural damage thousands of dollars in repairs. It can also warp the foundation of your home.
- Lower Energy Bills. Sealing your crawl space permanently can lower your energy bills by up to 30%, and over the course of 7 years and encapsulation system will pay for itself in energy saving alone.
- Added storage space. For crawl spaces that are easily accessible, usable storage space is created once the space is fully encapsulated the thicker plastic provides a solid structure to store items in your home and gives you an entire level of your home to use for storage.
- Help your HVAC systems last longer. By regulating your crawlspaces indoor air temperature and the air coming into the space, you can better protect your equipment and stop the spread of mold and moisture from your system.
- Increased home value. An encapsulated crawl space is an attractive selling feature. A damp or moldy crawl space will cost you more by de-valuing your home and losing many potential buyers.